Tuesday 21 April 2009

Shocking, I know

A while back I thought I'd try submitting some Future Shock ideas to 2000AD. It worked for Alan Moore, right? anyway, here is a sample page of art from the one story I ever managed to write an actual script for...

FILTERED_p1_96dpiRGB

I really liked the idea for the story, but looking at it now I don't think I really managed to make it work in the script for a 5-pager that I submitted. (Needless to say, the Mighty Tharg agreed wholeheartedly.) Still, never mind - I'm sure I'll end up doing something with it sooner or later.

It's odd, because I usually like fun stories about ninjas fighting robots and what-have-you, but for some reason all the short story ideas I have seem to end up being really quite nasty. I was explaining the plot for this one to Di in a coffee shop and she started to look at me with proper, genuine "what have I married?" horror, which was rather pleasing.

1 comment:

  1. Can't wait to read them. The nastier the better...

    What does Tharg know anyway? He's old and cannae hack it anymore :-)

    ReplyDelete