Tuesday 20 January 2009

Early-Version Mobot Cover

Fun things! Here is an early, unused version of what ended up being the cover for issue 9 of The DFC:



I ended up redrawing it and obsessively tinkering with the colours about 17 more times, but have now characteristically decided that - aside from Asha looking a little green around the gills - this was probably my favourite version after all.

But then again, I'll probably change my mind again next time I look at it.

The moral: STOP MESSING WITH IT, IT'S FINE.

4 comments:

  1. A fine moral to keep in mind, and when things look this good you should definitely stop messing with it! I know that's easier said than done...thank God for deadlines, eh?

    Faz

    ReplyDelete
  2. Neil, any idea why the word verification thing won't display the word to verify? I'm using Firefox and don't seem to have any trouble apart from on your blog. It might be the drop down list thing.

    Just thought I'd mention it as it makes posting a comment a real pain, I have to open Internet Explorer (bleurgh!), navigate to the your blog again and then comment.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry faz, that sounds massively annoying! Thank you for persevering, anyway. I've had a look and have no idea why it's not working - I'm using Firefox and it seems OK - but will see if there's any super-obscure hidden settings I can change...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have turned the word-verification-thingy off altogether now, so hopefully that should sort it.

    ReplyDelete