Monday 30 March 2009

Go Go Super Comics Adventure Squad YEAH!


So the last-ever-for-now issue of the DFC came last Friday. I'd been putting off blogging about it until the end came, and now that it has... I still don't feel like blogging about it. So there. Many of the other creators involved have written beautifully on the subject already, and I don't really feel I have much to add. I'll just briefly say that getting the chance to write and draw Mo-Bot High really was a dream come true for me, and I'm enormously grateful to have been given the opportunity.

I'll also briefly say that working with Ben Sharpe, Will Fickling and David Fickling in developing the strip was absolutely the best professional experience of my career in comics so far, and I learned a huge amount about writing and storytelling from them that I'm also hugely grateful for.

Okay, and I'll ALSO briefly say that all the letters and bits of Mo-Bot fan art that I received made me happier than I can easily describe, and a couple of them (including a 'Happy Mo-Bot Christmas' card from one reader) are now amongst my most treasured possessions, which I am - again - incredibly grateful for.

But that's all, really.

I have no doubts that many of the strips from the DFC will live again in some form or another, and I include Mo-Bot High in that optimistic outlook. I have huge amounts of story still to tell with the characters and you can be absolutely certain that I'll get to it one way or another. Just as soon as the details about how that's going to happen have been sorted out, I will be sure to share them with you.

In the meantime, go check out Super Comics Adventure Squad, your brand-new one-stop shop for keeping up with what all your favourite DFC creators are up to!

No comments:

Post a Comment