Wednesday 16 March 2011

Batman VS Carrots

gardening batman

Here is another recent commission - this time of the Caped Crusader himself, harvesting carrots. Drawn for a customer of great taste and discretion, who apparently likes Batman, and gardening.

A companion piece depicted Spider-Man, knitting a nice scarf. I think this is a fine way to come up with a subject for commissions. Want a piece of original artwork, but not sure what the subject should be? Use this simple formula:

Your Favourite Superhero

+

A Hobby That You Enjoy

=

A Drawing That Would
Totally Be Awesome On Your Wall


By this reasoning, if I was ever to order a commission from myself, it would be of... hmmm. Kitty Pryde from the X-Men... watching Masterchef while eating yoghurt? Yes, that sounds about right. And now I think I need to draw that.


No comments:

Post a Comment