Sunday 28 December 2008

I love GOLD



I hope you'll forgive me a moment of annoying self-backpatting, but this is a bit special. My strip Mo-Bot High recently won the Golden Oinky award for Best Strip in The DFC, as voted for by the readers of that august periodical. I even got to appear in the comic, collecting my award in person, as illustrated by the very talented Zak Simmonds-Hurn. I kept my "acceptance speech" on the brief-and-flippant side as, y'know, I thought that would be funnier, but I just wanted to say here how genuinely thrilled and just absolutely bowled over I was by the whole thing. Getting the chance to do my little mallory-towers-with-giant-robots magnum opus really is a dream come true for me, and the fact that other people seem to be actually enjoying it as well is more awesome than I can possibly say.

Okay, that's it, you can relax! Moment of genuineness over!


Hey, you know you can now read DFC strips on the interwebs for free? All you cheapskates, sorry, I mean undecided non-subscribers can get a taste of all the awesomeness you've been missing out on! Head on over to www.thedfcpreviews.co.uk and enjoy some rather wonderful comics in funky flashpaper form (including the very first episode of Mo-Bot High). I gather the strips are going to be rotated on a regular basis so bookmark it and check back often!


1 comment:

  1. All of those Santas were awesome, and I'm very privileged to be in possession of one of those Christmas cards. Action Santa for me! And once again, congratulations on the award - and well deserved.

    ReplyDelete